Maine State Building (owned by the Poland Spring Preservation Society)
In this building, there is a bride’s room to be used one hour prior to your ceremony. You may have pictures taken there, limited to the first floor. Please use your reserved hotel room for dressing and only use the bride’s room for last minute touches as this building is open to the general public.
- All Souls Chapel Information (owned by the Poland Spring Preservation Society)
- The organ is very historic (as such) only approved organist may play it, see below. If you have a favorite organist not on the list, they must be approved before the wedding by the Preservation Society. You may use other musical accompaniments (piano, violin, etc.) In the Chapel or Gazebo without approval.
- Included is a rehearsal for either the chapel and/or the gazebo the evening prior or before your wedding and is a big part of making your wedding day run smoothly.
- Candelabras and candles may be used only at the altar area in the Chapel.
- Pictures may be taken inside the Chapel before and after your service (up to an hour after); but be sure, to take all belongings out of both buildings when you leave.
- To protect the beautiful tile floor, please use only fake flower petals in the flower girl’s basket.
- No glitter allowed.
- You may use a 50 foot white runner. They are available from florists and party shops.
- Pew Bows may be used; please use pew clips available at Joanne’s Fabrics in the bridal section.
- We have available for your use, a microphone and a PA system at Chapel and Gazebo.
- Gazebo Information
- We recommend that you do not use a unity candle or any candles at the Gazebo. A sand ceremony is a good alternative.
- A decision must be made by 8 AM to switch location from the Gazebo to the Chapel because of unfavorable weather