We want to give you an update of what is happening here at Poland Spring Resort. Thankfully, we made it through 2020! We never ran out of TP, had a great season of golf, shared much needed relaxation time, and welcomed many new guests who had never stayed with us before (mostly Maine folk who did not want to venture too far from home). We want to thank each of you that were able to visit in 2020 and, to those who were not, we totally understand as this pandemic has been unsettling for everyone.
Now is when we try to look into a crystal ball and predict what we (the Resort and you) can and can’t do this upcoming 2021 season. Nothing is for certain as we all learned through this past year. Maine’s Governor, President Biden, or the virus itself could make further changes necessary. However, we are predicting more guests will be able to travel this upcoming year. It may still not a normal year and probably we will still need to wear masks in public, but we should have more ability to travel than we have now as more of us get vaccinated.
We are planning to open all our buildings, including the Presidential Inn and the Fenn Ice Cream Shop, in May. We are not planning on opening the Maine Inn Dining Room initially, as we doubt our Governor will allow buffets anytime soon. We know this is disappointing to many. However, we found many guests actually enjoyed the variety and options available for dining when they are not restricted to a buffet menu or set time to eat. We will be offering some outdoor entertainment and perhaps some inside as well, with proper safety precautions in place.
· A new bistro area on the Maine Inn front porch with Grab-and-Go items available for purchase at the Gift Shop, including breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, and more.
· Mel’s Hilltop will have a full breakfast available on weekends and 7 days a week in summer.
· Grab-and-Go items will also be available at the Pro Shop Snack Bar.
Lunch and Dinner:
· Mel’s Hilltop Restaurant got a huge facelift last year. We expanded the outside dining to the front lawn, we replaced the bathrooms, and rebuilt the bar. It really looks amazing! The menu includes sandwiches and salads, a daily entrée special, and a full bar.
· Cyndi’s Dockside Restaurant also expanded its dining space to allow more guests to dine outside. Our menu includes appetizers, daily specials, 9 different ways to enjoy Maine Lobster, sandwiches, seafood, steak, salads, burgers, pizza, and a full bar.
· Of course, you are always welcome to enjoy some of the local eateries, dine in Portland, or enjoy a meal along the Maine coast.
We have always been known for having exceptionally clean rooms, but it is now important to maintain everyone’s safety. Last year we stopped servicing rooms during your stay and that will continue, at least initially. Replacement towels and other linens are always available.
New Rate: The Liberty Rate (Get it? The Liberty to stay as long as you want and to eat what, when and where you want!). As our returning guests know, you get more than just a room when you stay at Poland Spring Resort! The Liberty Rate is only offered when you book online on our website at www.polandspringresort.com or by calling the reservation office at (207) 998-4351. This rate is not available on booking engines like Booking.com or Expedia.com.
If you have already made your 2021 reservation, we will be sending you a new confirmation soon with the Liberty Rate. Please make your 2021 or 2022 reservation with confidence. If you need to change your reservation to a later date that is no problem and free; however, if you need to cancel there will be a 10% cancellation fee. Please call us if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
Thank you and stay safe!
Cyndi Robbins and the Poland Spring Family